Dropdown menu

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Glittering and Fluttering (without being overstated)

Last night was the big finish. The Rita awards ceremony. We dressed up, got pretty, and sat through the awards ceremony. I made the mistake of eating a huge lunch, not being hungry at dinnertime, and not having dinner. Midway through the ceremony, my stomach let me know that was a bad idea. I sat on pins and needles, not because my friends were up for awards, but because I was counting the minutes until I could eat.

Afterward, I had to wait forever in the food line. Sadly, it was all stuff I'm not supposed to eat, but I ate it anyway. :) I had a point to that, but I forget. I'm a little tired. Okay, a lot.

We ended up at the coffee shop, chatting with more friends, and we saw Virginia Kantra, who paid me the loveliest compliment. She said that I "glitter and flutter without being overstated." She gushed a little bit over how nice I looked, and I felt like a princess. Then I got my picture with a real princess, Jacquie D'Alessandro. I'd post a picture but I packed my camera download-y thing, and I'm not entirely sure where it is. In the next week or so, I'll put up all my pics so folks can see them.

Most people who know me know that I'm not a girly girl. I'm a jeans and t-shirt sort of person, so I don't dress up all that much. I'm usually just pleased my clothes are clean and match. But I have to say, that being a princess for a night is a lot of fun. Hmmm... now that I think about it, I was a princess for two nights. We got dressed up and rode a limo to the Harlequin party. I love my boss. If a limo's an option, she's all over it. LOL. Okay, there were so many of us that a limo was actually cheaper, but let me dream here.

The limo ride was one of the more interesting rides I've had in a long time. The driver was INSANE. The music was super loud, and it shook the whole limo. We couldn't turn it down. We'd scream around corners, and I think I ended up in just about everyone's lap at one point or another. There's got to be a story in this somewhere.

I don't know what else to say about the Harlequin party... for the first time in six years, we left early. A bunch of us weren't feeling well, so we went back to the hotel and went to bed. ICK. I don't think we missed too much, though. I've decided, that despite the deejay asking for requests, they use the exact same playlist year after year. Which is fine by me. The music is good for dancing. I have to remember to post the picture of Wayne, our pimp daddy. Er, I mean, my fellow host. They were playing "it's raining men," and here's Wayne, in the middle of the dance floor, surrounded by cheering women. Lucky guy.

I'm being random, I know. I was supposed to blog about glittering and fluttering, and last night, as I fell asleep, I had something brilliant in mind. But I forget what it was. Okay, Cheryl aka my roomie is finally packed, so now we're supposed to spend the rest of the afternoon working.

I think I'd rather take a nap.

No comments: