Dropdown menu

Friday, September 14, 2007

I love God!

Okay, maybe that's a lame blog title, and it's going to be even an even more lame blog post, because I have absolutely nothing to say, except how happy and joyful I am.

Last night, I flew to AZ with Tess to meet up with Mo. I ended up getting to the airport early because That Man had some errands to run and I knew Tess was flying in to connect and would be there. As it turns out, our flight was delayed by an hour, so we had plenty of time to catch up and enjoy a nice dinner. It was yummy. I had a BLT and mashed potatoes. Weird, I know. It actually came with a salad, but I saw they had my favorite, garlic mashed potatoes, so I substituted. YUM!

Coming to Mo's has been a trip down memory lane. My grandparents, when they were alive, lived not too far from where she is, and we used to go to her town to grocery shop because theirs was too small to have a store. My heart is just full of happy memories, even though I miss them terribly. On a sadder note, on the way to the airport, my dad called and my grandma in PA isn't doing so well, so I'm sad about that. But, I talked to That Man and he said I could fly out to see her if I wanted. So I'm happy I'll at least get to see her.

I have to say, Mo's house is awesome. It's in the mountains, which I love. And it's totally cute and eclectic, which I also love. She also gave up her bed for us, and it is the world's most comfortable bed. I don't know how they're going to talk me into getting out of it. Yep, I'm still sitting in her bed.

The other cool thing and this is really why I'm super praising God right now is that Mo has cats. I am extremely allergic to cats. I forgot to warn her and actually forgot she had them until right before we were due to leave. She was so excited that I didn't want to burst her bubble, so I prayed hard. Please, God, don't let me have an attack. I took some allergy medicine on the plane, and I just prayed, because it doesn't totally help. Well, Mo didn't realize I was allergic to cats, but she doesn't allow them in her bedroom, so I got to sleep in a cat-free zone. Plus, she's got wood floors and keeps her house fairly neat, so even walking around elsewhere hasn't given me trouble. Usually, even if I'm in people's houses with wood floors, I end up getting sick after a couple of hours, but I feel great! I am so excited!!

Finally, I'm also super excited, because at tomorrow's show, I'm finally going to meet an online friend (and his wife) that I've always said I hoped I got to meet this side of heaven, because he's such an inspiration to me. OH! And we called one of our friends in Australia, who I've never spoken to, but has a very sweet voice and that was fun.

On the plane, Tess and I were talking about how God created us to be relational beings. I have a hard time because for whatever reason, God hasn't given me a lot of close friendships with folks close to where I live. So trips like these (and the one I'm taking next week to ACFW) are so wonderful for me, because this is where all of my best friends are. I feel so at home and in community here. God has placed some incredible people in my life, and I'm so excited to be able to spend time with them.

Oh, and I'm going to a Todd worship experience tonight and tomorrow night.

Life doesn't get much better than this, does it? I think this is kind of like what Heaven is going to be like, only more fun, and it won't be so expensive, so we can see more of each other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words and the plug. Much appreciated.