Dropdown menu

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I know, it's still ugly

My blog, that is.

The trouble with going away for a week is That Man and The Children take over. My house gets thrown into chaos and I'm left wondering things like, "what IS that thing in my sink?" and "what have they done to my bathroom?" and still worse, "exactly what am I smelling?" For some reason, That Man (though some have suggested it's true of all men) is completely incapable of multitasking. My choice is either keep my children alive or keep the house in order. I returned to living children, and I'm not entirely sure I didn't get the short end of the stick.

Actually, I'm letting them have their fun. School starts in less than a week, and the last thing I want is to have them cooped up and working their tails off on house stuff. So I'm trying to accept it. Trying to ignore the sticky ick on my kitchen floor. Trying to focus on all the other tasks I need to accomplish.

Did I mention school starts next week?

Three more weeks, and Terrorist is back in preschool. And then... drumroll please...

I get my Panera time back!!!

Sanity will return to the House of Dream.

And then, my friends, I can do fun things like pretty-fy my blog, add more cool stuff to my website, and maybe, just maybe finally get back to finding time for a decent nap!!

No comments: