Dropdown menu

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Vacation, Schmacation!

Yes, my friendly readerly friends, I am on vacation. Sitting by the pool at my dad's house in sunny but cold Florida. I cannot believe I planned my vacation for the longest cold spell they've had in a really long time. Oh the horror!!

I've spent months dreaming of the day when I'd sit by the pool, writing and enjoying the fresh air. Not so much. I'm bundled up in my warmest sweatshirt and still cold!

Okay, I just gave up the fight and went inside. My fingers were freezing!

So far, we've done a whole lot of nothing. I guess that's the point of a vacation. Still on the to do list: trip to IKEA, Disney, a visit with my aunt and uncle, and oh yeah, the cruise!! I think we're going to Universal tonight for dinner to celebrate my stepmom's birthday. Hubby and the kids are at... wait for it... really... you're going to die of not surprise... Home Depot.

I know, it's an exciting life I lead... but someone's got to do it.

2 comments:

Jan Parrish said...

I won't tel you about our beautiful weather here then. Just concentrate on that cruise and Disney.Have a fab time.

D. Gudger said...

Argh. Jan beat me to it! We've been having swimmingly good weather here in Denver. It was 75 yesterday in the Ken Caryl Valley behind the hogback where Booger and i were hiking.

Shorts, T-shirts... hey, you can help those Floridians figure out how to skate on blades instead of wheels. :)

I hope you have a blast!