Dropdown menu

Friday, December 11, 2009

Best Christmas movies ever?

My friends keep talking about their favorite books... I have to be honest. I couldn't think of any until someone reminded me of The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. LOVED Imogene. I think I need to get that book for my kids.

Now movies... there are some good ones. I've heard people listing them, but you know, they've all left out MY favorite. So I'm going to blog about it because I think we need to remember this oft forgotten classic.

Meet Me in St. Louis

Seriously, if you have not watched it, you must. This, my friends, is the movie that debuted the fabulous Judy Garland song, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. If you like that song and haven't seen this movie, shame on you! I think having seen the movie, the song is so much more beautiful.

So there it is... my favorite Christmas movie. Margaret O'Brien as Tootie is delightful. Actually, she reminds me of my own children. Maybe that's why I love her. Plus, who doesn't love Judy Garland? Well, maybe you shouldn't answer that. This is what we call an IQ test. :)

2 comments:

Diane Marie Shaw said...

It has been a long, long time since I have seen that movie. I just put a hold on it at our library. Thanks for reminding me what a good movie that is.
One of my all time favorites is It's a Wonderful Life. I watched it a few days ago. I've been watching Christmas movies this past week.
Diane

Kay Day said...

I love that movie, too Danica. In fact I blogged about it a few years ago-- with the same clip.
It is such a fun movie. And she's so pretty, especially in that scene with the sparkly scarf.