Dropdown menu

Monday, May 09, 2011

Dinner conversations at our house

I've had a really bad stomachache all afternoon and evening. I don't feel sick, but my stomach really hurts. So I didn't eat much when we sat down to eat. The kids noticed and asked why, so I explained I had a tummy ache.

A little while later, I did the rude dinner thing no one likes to talk about. Yes, I farted. Loudly, I might add. Hubby looks at me and says, "feel better?"

I looked at him and said, "yep," thinking the matter was dropped.

A few minutes pass, and the 6yo says, "so that's why your tummy hurts! You had to fart!"

So I said yes, and she decided to continue the conversation. "Does your tummy still hurt?"

"Yes."

Then she picks up the bottle of barbecue sauce. "Is this made from beans?"

"No, why?"

"Well, beans make people fart, so if you drink the whole bottle, your tummy would feel better."

At which point, I started laughing so hard that it made my poor tummy hurt even worse. When you have a stomachache, laughter is NOT the best medicine. Though eventually, I'll enjoy the story without my poor tummy hurting.

1 comment:

Jana said...

LOL Kids are a riot. :-D