Dropdown menu

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Letting go of plans

Isn't that just how life goes sometimes?
I started out this week with awesome intentions, and even started making a great blog calendar. And then, I kinda sorta... fizzled out. Life is just sort of getting in the way, and I called a time out on myself. I've been catching up on my reading in my wonderful new tub.

But I've also been doing a lot of giving myself permission to let it go. To shrug, say, "that wasn't my plan, but that's okay," and move on. 

My checklist is great, and I can use it for a lot of great things, but I'm also learning the greatness of letting go. "Darn" may not seem like a big deal to you, but for me, it's been kind of a freeing thing. I can accept that it's a bummer that things haven't gone quite as I'd hoped, but I don't have to go to the doldrums of being incredibly disappointed in myself that I'm not able to handle everything on my plate.

I think part of it is because of the realization that even though things in my life seem pretty hard right now, there are a lot of other people who are so worse off. That if I were to unload my problems, they'd look at me, say, "Darn. That's a bummer. Let me tell you about some real problems," and have absolutely no sympathy for me. That's not to diminish the significance of anything in my life, because to me, it is real, and it is important. But it makes it easier to let go, and move on.

Is there something you need to say, "darn," to?

No comments: