Dropdown menu

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

T is for Trust

I had another post about half-written. And I'm not using it. Because a few minutes ago, I checked my Twitter feed, and caught a snippet of a quote from someone else, and it did something in my heart. So I'm going with that. The funny thing is, when I clicked on that part of Twitter, I lost the quote, and for the life of me, I can't find it.

The gist of the quote was about trusting in the goodness of God.

I'm dealing with a situation that really hurts right now. I talked to a friend about it today, and after she reassured me that things are going to be fine, she prayed over me. I'm ashamed to say I don't remember most of the prayer. I had to interrupt her at one point because I was crying so hard I had to put the phone down and blow my nose. Mostly they were good tears.

But some were hard tears. Of realizing that despite the hard lessons I've learned, I still trust in the wrong people, and the wrong things.

So today, when I read that quote about the goodness of God, I realized that no matter what crap gets thrown my way, there is still something I can trust in. I may not like it, it may not be on the path I want to take, but regardless of my circumstances, God is good.

I keep thinking of how many times the Bible says to "Trust in the Lord." I suppose if I had a fancy Bible app, it would tell me how many times that phrase appears. I know it's a lot. I guess we have to be told so many times because we forget it a lot. Or at least I do. For now, though, I'm really glad to know there is something I can trust.

 

 

No comments: