Dropdown menu

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I'm so excited....

And I just can't hide it...

Okay, so I went to bed, fully intending to sleep because tomorrow is Thursday, and as we all know, it's the worst day of my week. However, a problem kept bugging me. This whole blowing up the meth lab thing... I'd envisioned it as my heroine getting in some good old fashioned vigilante justice and blowing the place sky high.

And then, as I began counting my explosives before drifting off to dreamland, I realized that within CBA confines, I'd never be able to pull it off. Which got me to thinking of other scenarios. I needed her to feel responsible for it. I needed for her to be thinking she was the lowest form of pond scum, because we all know this is a Hosea story, the book is about her finding redemption.

The writer types understand that mental restlessness that will not allow you to sleep until you've got it puzzled out. The rest of you ought to be grateful. Miraculously, it came rather quickly, and rather than hoping I remember it in the morning, I wrote it.

It is so beautiful. We have explosives, we have fire, we have shrapnel, we have dead bodies, we have injured people, it is a beautiful melee of baddies getting their due. I love my job. And, I think I know exactly where to put the exploding pants for my SOTEP girls.

And now, I really must sleep.

3 comments:

Jana said...

You're nuts but I love it. LOL

Anonymous said...

We have explosives, we have fire, we have shrapnel, we have dead bodies, we have injured people, it is a beautiful melee of baddies getting their due.

ROFL! I love it!!!

Danica Favorite said...

Life is good, isn't it?