Dropdown menu

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

You Scoundrel!!

Yes, I am ranting at the Veronica Mars writers. Okay, let me back up.

First, up until the final scene of the show, it was the BEST this season. Best, I tell you, best. Was very happy with the tender moment between Veronica and Logan and that they were finally getting back on track. But those stupid, rotten, monstrous writers can't even have them happy for an episode. The last scene... I wanted to cry. I felt so bad for Logan. You could see his heart breaking.

It's funny, I began watching the show becasue I liked her so much. At this point, I'm liking her less because she's still the same person she was when I first started watching the show. She's still funny, still smart, still kick-butt. But we keep dealing with the same emotional mess over and over. Don't get me wrong, I love getting emotionally messy. But as a writer, I'm also a fixer. And I want to see things fixed. Or at least on the path to healing. Midway through the third season, and I'm not seeing it.

I know what she's been through, and maybe that's why I'm so mad. Doesn't she deserve a break? A chance at happiness? Why is she still sabotaging herself?

Who knows, maybe all these questions will feed nicely into the next episode, which appears to have some dire circumstances for Veronica, and it'll be the wakeup call for her to grow.

I was much pleased to see in the preview that we'll be seeing Mac, although sad that someone's going to die. I bet it's her, since we haven't seen her since early in the season. :( I like Mac.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so furious at Rob Thomas when the episode ended!!! I wanted to throw something at the TV!!!

Surely they won't kill off Mac. It seems weird they'd make her full cast member just to kill her off. I wish she was on more. I vote for killing off the blonde chick. Mac's roommate. Parker? Is that her name?

Danica Favorite said...

I know!! Oh, I wish we could watch it together. Someone would understand my pain!

Yeah, they can kill Parker. Okay, so if the whole rape thing was staged, who was in the room having sex with Parker when Veronica walked in on them?

Anonymous said...

Only some of the rapes were staged, right? And somebody could have gotten the idea and done a copycat rape on Parker. I guess we'll find out eventually.