Dropdown menu

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Insane in the membrane...

Tonight I taught my last class!!! Wahoo!!! I also got my work schedule for the next month, and I'm quite pleased. I initially said I wanted to work less hours, and then changed my mind and said I'd work whatever. Well, I got less hours. Only 16 hours a week, which is insanely small. But good, because I think it was God's way of prompting me back to where I belong. Love it when that happens.

Anyway, I've been thinking I need to test these "moving to inspy" books in the contest circuit, since I have no clue what I'm doing, except that the whole world seems to think they're inspy when I hadn't intended them to be. So I asked my new crit group (inspy folk) about contests, and they didn't have any suggestions. But THEN... I got an email about a contest deadline being extended for a contest that needs inspy submissions. So I'm entering them both in a contest and I have less than a week to get ready.

Yes, I am a nutcase. Even worse, I am attempting to write loglines for these silly books, and I wonder whatever possessed me to do such a stupid thing. And then, there's the one book, that the problems the whole universe had with it would be fixed if I just make her motivation be that she's a Christian, that as I look at it, I think, what on earth is her spiritual arc? Maybe I should be asking what in heaven, eh?

God, you put me on this path... HELP!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dream,
Would you mind sharing what contest? I'm always looking for contests that have an inspy category.

Danica Favorite said...

Here ya go... But if you beat me, I'll be mad. ;)

Please pass the word...

NT's Great Expectations Contest is low on entries.
Enter electronically or on paper.
Deadline extended to Friday, January 5th.

Contest Details and Information on the website:
_www.NTRWA.org_ (http://www.ntrwa.org/)

ALL categories will have an editor or agent as the final round judge.
Category Specific Scoresheets.
NINE Categories !!!

Including Inspirational, Young Adult & Erotic Romance !!!

Receive great feedback on your first 25 pages & query letter.
Don't delay, let us know you're entering !!

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
Angi Platt
Great Expectations Contest Coordinator
Info and Details at NTRWA.org

Anonymous said...

Thanks...and don't worry, I won't beat you. :) I got that on ACFW, too, but I'm not an RWA member which means I would have to join to enter and that would add $100 to the contest fee. Not so cost effective for me right now.
But good luck with it. I'd love to hear about your experience with it.