Dropdown menu

Monday, March 05, 2007

I want my lithium back!!!

Hubby and I went out of town over the weekend. We visited Hot Sulphur Springs , which is a special place for us-we spent part of our honeymoon there. As we were checking in, the lady in front of me was going on and on about how she was so glad to be there for a spa day to get away from the kiddos. The nice man at the counter smiled and said, "Our water has a lot of lithium, so after a while of soaking, you'll be feeling great."

He wasn't kidding.

I think I forgot what it felt like to so completely relax. There's a lot of merit in taking time to go someplace where you have no choice but to relax. The resort has no television, no Internet access, no phones (although my cell did have a signal), just nice hot springs and comfy beds. I didn't get most of my Thursday Thirteen list done, but since I couldn't do a thing about it, I didn't care.

It felt so good to just relax with my honey. Even though it borders on TMI, I will say that we had a better time than we did on our honeymoon. A MUCH better time ;)

And then I got home. The house was still a mess, the kiddos were still screaming, and I still have to go to work tonight. The list of things to do did not change, but you know, I feel a lot better about doing them. Although it would be really nice to have some of that magical water bottled up so I could dump it in my bathtub for a reminder soak now and again.

No comments: