Dropdown menu

Saturday, March 28, 2009

My bizarre Toby Mac dream

To set the stage of the dream, you need to understand, I don't listen to much Toby Mac other than what's on the radio. I have no idea what the guy looks like. I actually don't want to know what he looks like because I think it'll make the dream less funny.

Last night, I had the craziest dream. I was having a party and there was an eclectic group of people there. I can't remember who all was there, but it was the sort of gathering where people you'd never think would have anything to say to each other in a million years were acting like best friends. Then, everyone left and my house was trashed. And of course, I was stressed out.

I turned to start picking up, and I see this guy. And I say to him, "who are you and what are you doing in my house?"

He looks at me like I'm an idiot and says, "I'm Toby Mac. I'm cleaning your house."

And then I woke up.

I don't know why, but that has had me laughing all day. Just the thought of this crazy looking guy washing dishes in my sink, suds up to his elbows, acting like it's no big deal that he's in my house, cleaning. Plus, I just keep hearing the voice: "I'm Toby Mac. I'm cleaning your house."

I have no idea why my subconscious chose Toby Mac to be the guy cleaning my house. Like I said, I'm not a fan (I don't dislike him, so don't send me hate mail), and I can't even remember the last time I heard one of his songs. But you know, God is funny that way. Obviously He knew it would be a stressful day, and I'd be at life overload, and the best cure for what ails me would be Toby Mac, cleaning my house. (Hahaha... I bet it would also cure what ails his wife. He's got a wife, right? Probably. All the Christian singers get married at like 13, have 7 kids, and all that. Anyway. I bet she dreams of him cleaning her house too!)

Although, I have to say, I came home to hubby cleaning my house. With bleach. It did not excite me. It made me want to vomit. I hate the smell of bleach. Maybe next time, if he cleans the house with something that smells good...

7 comments:

naz said...

When Toby is done with your house can you send him to mine?

Evangeline Denmark said...

I'm not a fan of Toby Mac either, but I sure would be if he cleaned my house.

kalea_kane said...

Girl...this is weird. Maybe toby Mac is making the dream rounds. I dreamt that I was at a golf course (I do not golf) and I had sat down on a rock to drink a bottle of water. Someone sat down behind me, when I turned around I saw it was toby Mac (I do know what he looks like). I asked what he was doing in my dream (I am a very lucid dreamer) and he told me he had no idea. Odd. This was like a week and a half ago.

PS Agreed. All Christian singers seem to marry at their early teens.

:) Kelly

Danica Favorite said...

LOL Naz! I wish I'd woken up to a clean house!

Evangeline, I would be a fan of anyone who cleaned my house!

Kelly, maybe he has a new album out and he's trying to sell it by appearing to people in dreams, but isn't being overt about it. You know, like, see, I'm a nice guy, I cleaned your house...

Kay Day said...

Toby was in the golf club in college, maybe in Kalea's dream he was thinking about golf.
Yes, we're on a first name basis. He doesn't know mine, but... we did go to the same college at the same time.

I had a similar dream - oh yeah. It had Dwight from The Office in it! It was funny! remind me to tell you about it sometime.

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh. That is SO funny. I just sat down to read blogs for the first time in over a month and when I got to this post, I had to call Liesl and read it to her.

This is particularly funny to me because I have enjoyed Toby Mac since I was 11 or so, back when he was just one of the three guys in DC Talk.

How weirded out would you be if you saw a picture of Toby Mac and it looked like the guy in your dream?

But holy crap, every time I hear a song by, or reference to, Toby Mac from now on, I think it's going to flash through my head, "I'm Toby Mac. I'm cleaning your house."

Danica Favorite said...

You know, every time I hear one of his songs on the radio, I think of this. I'm pretty sure he doesn't look like what I think. I just don't even want to find out. It'll ruin the picture I have of him.