Dropdown menu

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Overconfidence is a very bad thing

I should have never spouted off about my routines.

Today, I completely imploded and exploded, which is a feat that defies a number of scientific laws. I think. But I did it. Ha! Er, wait, I'm not supposed to be proud of that.

One of the things I skimped on was Bible time. Oh boy oh boy oh boy. Remind me to never do that again.

I had so little patience today, even though I should have been just fine. I think I spent more time yelling at everyone than I did accomplishing anything. Because the other thing I skimped on was picking up the house. Which looks like it's been ransacked by a herd of wild animals. Maybe not a herd. But at least four of them: the children, the husband, and the dog. So today was clean up the house day. Except it turned into yell at everyone because they're not doing anything to help day.

So now, I'm sitting here, in my still messy house, admitting defeat. My work is done, but my house is still a mess. And it occurred to me that maybe I need to focus on cleaning a different house. The rest of tonight- I'll be catching up on the skipped Bible readings, ignoring the laundry pile and dishes and everything else that nobody else does.

But maybe tomorrow, I'll be happier, saner, and back on a normal routine.

No comments: