Dropdown menu

Monday, July 11, 2011

Peaceful patio day

I'm working, really I am... But I'm so thoroughly enjoying myself that it doesn't feel like work.

Since the arrival of spring, I've been eagerly anticipating working on my back patio. The problem is that it's been a total mess. Over the winter, if hubby didn't know where to put something and needed to keep it dry, he stashed it on the patio. Which led to a very big mess. For whatever reason, I don't work well in a messy environment. So I've looked longingly at the patio, given hubby lots of not-so-subtle hints about wanting it cleaned off, and... waited.

Last week, I was talking with my FIL about having a family barbecue, which he wanted to do, but with all of his travel and his house being under construction, couldn't host. And so... I volunteered. Which meant, of course, that I had the perfect excuse reason for getting hubby to clean off our patio.

And so... here I am. Yesterday's barbecue was a success, and I am sitting at our patio table, listening to the fountain (that had been broken, but hubby fixed during the great patio cleanup), and am now happily working. I'm not bothered by the roll of thunder in the distance because it's a covered patio and we weathered the storm nicely yesterday. In fact, I'm looking forward to the soothing sound of the rain as I work in the fresh air. I'm so inspired that I know I'm going to get a lot done today.

What about you? What kind of working conditions do you need to feel productive?

1 comment:

Megan DiMaria said...

I love to work close to nature too. During the warm months I either sit on my patio or on the Adirondack chair (if the sun's blocked by the aspen trees).

I'm glad you've reclaimed your peaceful place. Write on, Danica!