Dropdown menu

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Leadville Inspiration for Rocky Mountain Dreams

In my last post, I showed you the cemetery where my husband's family is buried. Today, I wanted to share the inspiration for the location of Rocky Mountain Dreams.

When we go to Leadville, my husband likes to take trips into the hills to see the old mines and check out the scenery. As you'll see from my video, it's beautiful there. But for me, the inspiration is all about the stories of the people who were there before us. History is such a fascinating thing for me. I was never much for just the facts. In high school, we had these quizzes every week where we had to memorize the dates of events. BO-RING. I want to know the stories about the people. Who were they? What were they like? What was important to them? Take a trip with me into the hills above Leadville, and see how those questions led to my book, Rocky Mountain Dreams. I made the video in two parts, one from on top of the hill, and one from the bottom. Enjoy!

And if you haven't gotten my book yet, it's been spotted at Wal-Mart, KMart, Kroger, and is still available online.
Buy Today!

Tattered Cover

Harlequin.com

Amazon

Barnes and Noble

 

 

Leadville movie part one from Danica Favorite on Vimeo.



Leadville Inspiration part 2 from Danica Favorite on Vimeo.

No comments: