Dropdown menu

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Exhaustion

I am home.

I want to go back.

Please send me back.

But oh, how good it was to see everyone. I swear the baby grew up while I was gone.

However, they have trashed my house, and I do not relish cleaning it. While I love and appreciate That Man for a) letting me go and b) for taking on the bathroom project, may I just share what I came home to?

New tub: installed
Old tub: on back porch
Old boards: ripped up and still in bathroom.
New boards: partially installed
Old sink and vanity: still installed
New sink and vanity: in my dining room
box from sink and vanity: in my living room as a playhouse for kiddos
laundry I started folding before I left: unfolded and everywhere
everything else: a complete mess
old flooring: partially ripped up
new flooring: in a box somewhere in the garage
miscellaneous scraps and junk: in my driveway
the lawn: taller than my children and dog
miscellaneous parts needed for the job: on my bed
things removed from the bathroom to do the work: on my bedroom floor

Cletus, we've just become the white trash neighbors.

Ah well, at least the toilet's not on the front porch. Then again, we don't have a front porch.

Seriously though, I do appreciate That Man for all he does. I'm just feeling overwhelmed, and I'm sure it's even more overwhelming for a man since we know men are incapable of multitasking.

I ended up hitting the wall yesterday afternoon and going to hibernate in my room. Then I went down for tea, chatted with some folks, went back upstairs, played on the computer for a bit, and went to bed.

Tomorrow, remind me to blog about Ted Dekker, fire alarms, Israel, James Scott Bell, and other exciting highlights of my time in the mountains.

Until then, I think I may go try out my new tub. If I can make it up the stairs.

Did I mention we're having a barbecue and folks over at the house tomorrow at noon? I really wanted to crack open one of my new (and autographed!) JSB books, but that will have to wait until manana.

Peace be the journey folks. Pray mine includes a good night's sleep.

3 comments:

Heather Diane Tipton said...

hey don't forget to blog about Ted Dekker, fire alarms, Israel, James Scott Bell, and other exciting highlights of your time in the mountains.

;-p

Anonymous said...

What Heather said. *g*

Hey, you could use that old tub for a planter out in the front yard! LOL!

Danica Favorite said...

Oh you brats!

Tori, I'm thinking about blowing up that old tub. ;)