Dropdown menu

Sunday, May 14, 2006

So whaddya wanna hear about?

Nope, didn’t go to the loony bin. Although I did see my good buddy Margie today, and I remembered that she’s a psychologist. I asked her if she could commit me, and she said no problem, she could easily get me in on a 72 hour hold and my insurance would pay for it. But then she explained to me about what happens during those 72 hour holds, ICK… I’d have to go into group therapy sessions and crap. Meaning no free vacay for me. Plus, I’d have a roomie. Apparently, even the loony bin does not allow for alone time. What is with this messed up universe?

That Man, by the way, does read my blog daily, and he is aware of my threats. Let’s say I was less than impressed with his attempts earlier today to placate me and leave it at that. Although, can I just say… what I don’t get is this… Men are always griping about not knowing what women want, and here I am, very plainly saying what I want, and he won’t deliver the goods.

So, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I WANT TIME ALL TO MYSELF.

I’m sure he thinks that him and the kiddo sleeping out in the camper tonight counts. For the record, it doesn’t.

On to other things…

Today was, yes, ladies and gentleman, the awards banquet and Jill Barnett’s all day workshop. So, am I the only person on the planet who hasn’t heard of her? Well, let me tell you, she is amazing. In about ten days, check out her website, because she’s updating it now to include some of the really cool stuff she taught today. I’m kinda sorta getting the whole editing thing, and I think I may have figured out what I need to do.

Did I mention some major lightbulbs going off? So what I want to know, though, is what is the deal? How come I’m figuring out the whole fiction thing when God said the nonfic one? HUH? I know, don’t second guess God or try to figure it out, just do it.

Fine.

I got a lot of writing done in the workshop, so I’m pleased. I’d do more, but I was up at five am after a night of feeling like a total lunatic, and had a busy day. Tomorrow’s going to be another doozy, since That Man and his father have the stuff at the flea market. Getting rid of a lot of junk. Yippee. I may be able to finally get my car in the garage.

Plus, I still have an upset tummy. I should go to bed, eh?

5 comments:

Heather Diane Tipton said...

awwwww

yay on figuring out the fic stuff. it's the whole, watched pot never boils thing here. lol Gota love it when God does that. Just because you're supposed to write that nonfic doesn't mean that you won't be getting fic pubbed in the future. you will be. and for now, you write the book you're supposed to write and still learn about the other.

Anonymous said...

I think the looney bin would make me evey loonier. Yikes!

Don't forget to tape Veronica Mars today!!!

Bailey Stewart said...

If I ever win that lottery I'm buying an island. You can come stay on one side and I'll stay on the other - how about that?

Danica Favorite said...

Heather, I'm just doing what the voices tell me to.

Tori, taped and watched, TYVM!

Eve, thank YOU! You are a true friend.

Bailey Stewart said...

Now I just have to go buy that ticket - huh? LOL