Dropdown menu

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Fun with Pumpkins


I feel guilty for not posting something more substantive lately. I promise I'm not in the depths of despair. :) Hubby's just been out of town and I've been home alone with the world's crankiest two year old.

I decided that in the midst of all this yucky stuff, I'd do some good things for myself. :) So, Friday, after I took hubby to the hairport (which is what K calls it), I called my friend Diane and asked her if she wanted to go for a walk. I knew she'd be up for it, because she's fitness queen, and since we haven't chatted in a while, I thought it would be a good way to kill two birds with one stone. Not so much. For out of shape me to keep up with fitness queen, I couldn't talk and breathe at the same time. But I understand that a pace where you can't talk is ideal for the heart, so there ya go. Anyway, I'm also still keeping up on daily yoga thus far, and I'm proud to report, I did an entire show last night. Well, as close to it as I can get with two kids and a dog using me as their obstacle course. FYI, balancing poses do NOT work well when they're using you as their tunnel. :)

The other good thing I did for myself was spend some quality time with my girls. So we went to the pumpkin patch, played in the maze, visited the animals, and brought home some gigantic pumpkins. :) Then we went to the mall. Kayla learned a new word at John Atencio , "Sparkly". She threw a fit when we left, screaming for more sparklies. I am *SO* going to have a hard time marrying these girls off. I always go to John Atencio when I get a chance, because I have to visit my wedding ring. We couldn't afford the one I wanted when we got engaged, so That Man said he'd get me the one I wanted when we could afford it. I'm sorta attached to the ring we ended up with, though I wouldn't turn down "Decision" if he bought it for me. They don't have a direct link, but if you go to the bridal section on John's website, you can sorta see. They don't have the right stone in it, though.

Anyway... that's what I've been up to, besides trying to maintain my sanity. Gotta head off to the hairport now, but at least you're slightly updated so you know I'm not on a killing spree or anything. ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you are doing okay. (Have you read The Cubicle Next Door? I was totally thinking of that book when you didn't post for a few days.)

We did the corn maze a couple weeks ago...my kids had a blast with it, too.

Danica Favorite said...

Haven't read it-may have to add it to the list.

Anonymous said...

You should. It was a great chicklit. There is a scene where she hadn't posted and it makes national news b/c her blog readers are protesting that the blog company won't give out her address so someone can check on her.
Cheryl

Jana said...

LOL So glad you haven't killed (or blown up) anyone. The kiddos look like they had fun with the pumkins. Too cute.

Jana said...

Yeah, I know it's spelled pumPkins. Doh!