Dropdown menu

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Jericho

I had no intention of watching a new show this season. I have enough shows, TYVM. However, there was nothing on tonight and I needed the background noise while I did corrections on this new book. So, thanks to On Demand, I watched all three episodes of Jericho.

At first, it sorta freaked me out, that they hit all the major US cities (thus far), and here I am in one of the ones that got hit. Realistically, given my proximity to Norad/Cheyenne Mountain/Air Force Academy, and a number of other strategic areas, you know we're on the "hit list". Take out the Denver area, and you've pretty much shot down the US strategic defense system. Yay me.

When I was a kid, my friend and I were obsessed with the whole nuclear war thing. We even built a fallout shelter (that would not have saved us-we were nine). We knew all the signs to look for in case of nuclear war. And now, given that we have a bunch of raving psychopaths who hate the US running around with nukes, we have more to fear than ever.

But in that initial moment of fear, I realized something. I'm not afraid. Not really. God can take me any time He chooses. Whether it be by nuclear war, or some random drive by shooting, I'm going to be toast eventually. As much as I want to protect my kids, I can't protect them from everything. Only God can. And you know, as much as I am a total control freak, there's something very comforting in knowing that even if the psychos are able to get and use the nukes, God's still got his hand on me. And no matter what evil comes our way, God will use it for good.

I'll probably keep watching the show at my leisure. On Demand is so freaking awesome. However, I am incredibly irritated that my beloved Veronica is not on there. I STILL have not found it. I'm begging you all-please! I need my Veronica fix!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Jericho!!! Okay, yes, it has some spots where you really have to suspend your belief, but I love it anyway! I even got my mom hooked on it. :)

Danica Favorite said...

Tori, it's really a great show. The tension between the hero guy who came home and the teacher girl with the hurt leg... oh MY!!