Dropdown menu

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Okay, so I'm officially an old married lady

Yes, it's official. I thought life ended at thirty. However, it takes a few months, apparently.

 Here I am working on my edits, yes, yes I am, and my always intelligent and insightful CPs say, "This round of revisions was awesome. But you think you could let us know where you are?" Um, at a club? Isn't that obvious? "Yes, but which club? What sort of club is it?" Well, crap. A trendy club? "Yes, but which trendy club?" As if I know. Would you like to know the last time I went out to a club? Eight years ago, thank you very much. I don't think sitting at the bar at RWA counts, does it? Maybe it does. I don't know. Well, wait, we went dancing at that bar in the hotel in Reno. Surely that counts. Granted, it wasn't a go out and meet men sort of deal, given that my husband was upstairs sleeping, and even when I was footlloose and fancy free, I was not the sort of person to go out and meet men, but hey, that's about as wild as I've ever been. I know, boring. Although I did always have fun, so I don't think it was all that boring.

 Anyway, here is my dilemma. My characters are young, hip, and out having fun. What would be the name of a club that they would go to? You know, a trendy club? A place where they'd go, eat, and of course, dance. :) Help me out here, will you? Ah the trials of being an old married lady...

3 comments:

Jana said...

Hmmmm...I'm not married and not quite thirty but I must be pretty boring, too. lol Never been to a club in my life. Just never had a hankering to.

Val said...

Oh wait, I think I'll post my comments over here now. I like Blogger's comment platform better although I think that when I finally get my own site, I will go with Wordpress.

Solstice...really, it's a great club name.

Danica Favorite said...

LOL Jana! I think that was mostly my deal too. I've always been the boring sort to hang out at home.

Val, I'm with you there, in fact, I still have a Word Press longing.

Thanks for the name. Love the pic, BTW.