Dropdown menu

Sunday, June 25, 2006

It doesn't suck

Okay, so the plan was, put WTW out for crit, then go through and edit TMB. Guess what? I read TMB, and other than a couple of teeny tiny things, I read it and thought, "Wow, this is really good. I don't suck."

WAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

So I sent that off to crit, and I'm hoping I don't get a big fat "YOU SUCK" back. I'm a little nervous about these two crits, because they're new critters to me. I hope they don't think I suck.

But whatever. Allow me to ride on the high of not suckage for now, because I decided that I need to work on writing something new, and I'll tell you, the words just didn't flow. To be honest, after TMB, which is SUCH an emotional book, everything I have started seems pretty dang shallow and silly.

WHAT?!? I am the queen of shallow and silly. What's wrong with me? However, I don't really have anything deep and inspirational on the brain either. There's just this big fat void of... nothing. You see, this is what I get from working on two big deep books in a row. Not to mention The Book.

Can we just pretend that my posts aren't largely editorializing as it is and allow me to editorialize a little here. Oh wait. It's my blog, I can do what I want. *humming the tune to It's my party* See! I do know some songs other than what Todd Agnew sings.

I'm digressing again. I hope this is a sign that shallow and silly Danica is on her way back. So the whole "The Book" thing. I forget where I was going with that. Oh. Yeah. I was just thinking about where God and I are at right now, and I feel like I'm stagnating. Still much more energized than before, but my flame is just not as hot. Or is it more the case that my flame is still hot, but I'm used to it now, so it doesn't feel so hot anymore? But anyway, I haven't felt led to write anything on it lately. I can't decide-if it's a God book, then I should write when and what God tells me to, right? Or is this like a regular book, where I write all the time, regardless of whether or not the muse is speaking?

ACK! I'm being serious!! Somebody save me!!

3 comments:

Jana said...

Not sucking is always good. :-)

Still much more energized than before, but my flame is just not as hot. Or is it more the case that my flame is still hot, but I'm used to it now, so it doesn't feel so hot anymore?

I'm gonna go with "B". I know I get all excited about stuff (new realizations, commitments, etc) and start out really gung ho and then...stagnant. The desire is still there but the newness has worn off. Make sense? I think we're all like that in a lot of things in life.

In my case, a lot of times though, I just need refocusing. Or to step away from it so that it becomes new again. Just rest assured that God always tells you when you need to turn up the burner again. ;-)

Bailey Stewart said...

You don't suck.

It's not unusual when finishing deep books to have a "down" period. Don't worry about it or you'll stress yourself into the "I can't write at all" syndrome.

Danica Favorite said...

LOL You guys are funny!