Dropdown menu

Friday, January 21, 2011

Free book Friday: Dreamers by Angela Hunt

In a previous post, I talked about the dream come true of having library cataloging software. I only have 2 1/2 shelves done so far, but I am giddy with happiness over it. In preparation for my cataloging, I did some organization and I now have my books in an arrangement that makes me happy every time I see it. The only thing that would make me happier is to have them all in ABC and series order, but I suppose that's a little too OCD when I have somewhere around 6,000 books. Although... if any budding library majors need to take on the project for one of your classes, mi library es su library. :)

As part of this project (and part of why I wanted to do it), I am finding zillions of duplicates. And *cough* triplicates. I might admit to having four copies of a book, but that would just be ridiculous, now wouldn't it?

I've already mailed a box o'books to a friend, and have two more boxes ready to go to my aunts, fellow voracious readers that they are (see! I come by it honestly!), but I still have a stack or so of books leftover. So I'm passing on this gift to my blog readers. Now, these are not new releases, since I will hopefully never again buy a duplicate. But... they're still great books looking for a good home. Every Friday (as long as I can remember), until I run out of books, I'm giving away a book.


Today's book is Dreamers by Angela Hunt.

Sadly, I haven't read this one yet, but it sounds amazing, which is why I ended up with two copies. Angie is a terrific author, a great teacher, and someone I respect a great deal. Probably another reason I bought two copies. I have not read a book by Angela Hunt that I haven't liked, so I would still recommend it.

Here's a little about the book:
In the land of Pharaoh, Tuya has always been a slave. As a little girl, she was sold as a playmate to a wealthy child who became her best friend. But as she approaches womanhood, beautiful Tuya is betrayed and cast out. Now she belongs to Potiphar, captain of Pharaoh's guard. Yet her heart is owned by handsome Joseph, sold into slavery by his own brothers. Proud, arrogant Joseph dreams of freedom, of his own household, of Tuya as his queen. Shared dreams will sustain Joseph and Tuya through the deepest of sorrows and most unbearable of separations…but is it God's will to make the dream their destiny?

If you're not lucky enough to win the book, you can buy it here or at any of your other favorite retailers.

To enter, all you need to do is comment. I'll draw a winner on Monday.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Wow, I thought I had a lot of books, but I don't think it's anywhere near 6,000! Though it sort of feels like it since I've been unpacking a box of books a day since we moved and there's still a big pile in the garage...

Always room for one more, and "Dreamers" sounds like a good read! Fingers crossed :).

Danica Favorite said...

Congrats Megan!! Email me at dreamen1@hotmail.com with your snail mail addy and I'll get it out to you!