Dropdown menu

Monday, February 13, 2012

Diva time!

Say hello to my little diva

For those of you familiar with stories about my children, this is the cutie pie also known as The Terrorist. She is my high-maintenance diva, and in case you had any doubt, her favorite color is pink. I will forever be known as The Bad Mommy for not naming her Pinkalicious.

She used to refuse to wear anything other than a dress, but lately we've gotten her into pants, mostly because it's what all of her friends wear. My fashion conscious little diva must always wear what her friends are wearing. We're going to work on breaking this habit by the teen years. Unless, of course, the fashion trend is similar to what the Amish wear. Then I will be all for her dressing exactly like her friends.

I've been loosely aware of the Monster High Phenomenon, but today was the first time she and I watched it together. I'm not sure what to think, to be honest. My friend says it's a great show because it's got good values, but YIKES! Talk about your bad acting. And, it's by Mattel, so I have to wonder if the only purpose of the show is to sell their toys. Her little girl just had a birthday party, and it was dominated by Monster High paraphernalia, and I see much of this in my own daughter's future. Based on what I watched, she has a lot in common with the Monster High diva, Draculaura.

I thought I had a point to this blog, but now I'm looking at the Monster High website, and I'm a little creeped out... not like, oh, this is such a terrible thing for kids, but in how elaborately commercial it is...

What are your thoughts on Monster High? Any diva monsters in your life who are interested in it?

No comments: