Dropdown menu

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I. Will. Write.

It's been crazy with work and family. Plus, I have been fighting a cold... not the kind where you're so sick that people think you're dying, but just enough that you've got lingering symptoms along with being exhausted all the time. And I thought to myself, wouldn't it be awesome to sit down with a cup of tea, my blankie, and catch up on my DVR shows?

And then it hit me. I haven't written yet today. Am I professional writer, who treats this like a job, or is this just some hobby? Because if I had a job that required me to punch a time clock, I wouldn't not show up today. I don't feel poorly enough to call in sick. And who skips work because they want to catch up on their shows?

So I am writing. The DVR will gather a little more dust. Mt. Laundry will get a little higher. Because I am a professional writer.

No comments: