Dropdown menu

Tuesday, February 07, 2012

The power of no

I admit it, I'm the girl who can't say no. But as you may have learned by reading my blog the past few months, I'm learning how.

Sometimes the best way to simplify is to simply say no. A while back, I was talking with Randy Ingermanson about my new "no" lessons, and he said something that continues to resonate in my mind. I don't remember the exact quote, but it was along the lines of "Your yeses have no power if you can't also say no." I really liked how he put together the idea of boundaries with the idea of being able to say both yes and no with equal conviction. If I can't so no, then what does my yes mean? Nothing, that's what. So when I say yes, I want my yes to mean that it's something I truly want to do.

How are you at saying no?

No comments: