Dropdown menu

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Fine! I will wrote my own blog today.

But I'm not going to like it.

I'm in a snotty kid mood today. Maybe it's because I've spent the day with my own snotty kid. I need to write down all the things she says because they're pretty priceless. I'd tell you what she said today that was so funny, but then it would be her words, and I wouldn't be writing my own blog, now would I?

It's actually been a rough few days. Lots of work, lots of life stress getting me down, and even though I'm exhausted, not sleeping all that well. I know, whine whine whine. Would someone get me some cheese? Please? I love cheese and we're all out because I haven't had time to go grocery shopping.

However, in the midst of all my whiny, poor me, I'm so stressed blabbering, can I just give a shout out to good friends?

Today's trauma was our car breaking down on the way to church. Hubby called some friends who were already at church, and they came, picked the kids and I up, took us to church. Then hubby called our neighbor, who went to our house, picked up hubby's truck and trailer. They loaded my car on to the trailer and got to church just in time to pick us up.

On one hand, it was super stressful. Trust me when I say that the last thing I need to happen right now is to have my vehicle inoperable. But there it is. And yet, I'm so touched by the kindness of others. I felt really and truly loved by a number of our friends tonight.

The little one topped it off with a laugh. On our way home, we stopped by my FIL's to get one of his cars to use until mine is fixed. He's on vacation, so the little one said to me (in her most accusatory tone), "Did he say you could take his car?" We've been working on the whole ask permission thing.
"Well, no, but it's okay."
"You have to call grampa right now and ask him first."

So we did. And she proceeded to tell him about how we were going to take his car without his permission. Gotta love it. Especially since she never seems to remember the whole asking permission thing for herself.

Right. I am super tired, so I think that'll be all for tonight. Definitely in stressful times, but I'll save those gory details for when I can think semi coherently. Check back with me after April 15th.

1 comment:

Delia said...

Don't you just love kids? They might forget the rules for themselves but they're never going to forget them when it comes to us!

Hope the stress eases up on you sooner than April 15. Or is that just wishful thinking in your line of work?