Dropdown menu

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

How much is too much?

In my last post, I talked about my inability to reconcile wealthy TV preachers asking for people to give money to worthy causes. But here's part two of my debate with myself.

On one hand, I believe in getting paid for a job well done. And I have to admit, I have certain financial goals and dreams. Someday, I'd like to be able to afford some of those things.

But at what level is that okay? At what point should I put on the brakes and say, "whoa?" Not that I'm nearly there yet... we're still working hard to make ends meet. Though even with that, I wonder if we could do with less.

No, I don't have any great answers to this one. Still tossing around thoughts and trying to make sure that whatever I'm doing, I'm honoring God with it.

1 comment:

Denise Miller Holmes said...

More opinion. If you are in ministry, a friend of mine has a good guideline: don't make much more than the average person of those you are serving make. But if you are not in ministry, I say, sky's the limit. That is between you and God. Just my (and my friend's) take.