Dropdown menu

Thursday, March 13, 2008

How well they know me...

Yesterday, I put a request on the ACFW loop for some research assistance in victim notification. I got a lot of great responses, but the best one was from my CP.

It said:

Who'd you kill this time?

Sigh.

How well she knows me.

In my defense, I did NOT kill anyone. Merely severely injured, possibly in a coma, but not dead. He's the hero, after all. I understand it's bad form to kill the hero, especially in the first 1/4 of the book. I'm cooking along on the book, #3 in the series, since I expect I'll be getting some edits back next week on #1, which means I'll be back in edit-blah-dom, and out of creative land. Ugh.

Tomorrow, I head up the mountain for a much-anticipated retreat. Our church is having a silent retreat as part of Lent. As I tell people how excited I am about it, they all have the same response: "You're going to be silent for an entire weekend?"

Sigh.

I admit, it may be a challenge, but I'm also soooo excited to have an entire weekend without, "Mom! Come wipe my butt!" It's going to be great to have forty hours to focus on the Lord. And maybe get a little more writing done before I'm slung back into edit mode.

Sigh.

3 comments:

Robbie Iobst said...

FUNNY! Danica I am very excited for you for this weeked. I just read Ruth Haley Barton's Invitation to Solitude and Silence and have been practicing. It is a whole new wonderful rich world. I pray that this weekend our Lord will romance your soul!

Delia said...

Oh wow, a weekend of silence!

Can I go? Or at least pretend I'm going? Or you know, just have some silence? Please.

What a great way to spend some time with God! Have fun!

Danica Favorite said...

Thank you guys... it was wonderful!!