Dropdown menu

Friday, September 12, 2008

Fighting the grumpies

So we've all figured out I'm in a bad mood, right? I've been in this funk pretty much all week. I don't WANT to be in a bad mood, and I keep trying to NOT be in a bad mood, but the grumpies keep taking over. I keep trying to see the upside of things, I keep trying to do the right thing, and it feels like this dark cloud hanging over me just gets heavier and heavier.

This morning, I called my beloved Squirly and before I even said anything she said, "I'm so glad you called, is everything okay with you? You've been heavy in my heart and I've been praying for you." So we talked for a while, and it was so wonderful to hear her voice. In just five more days, I'm going to get a big hug and some huge squeals of delight outta that girl.

I love that I have friends who still love me even when I'm fighting the grumpies.

My husband read my blog this morning and called me in a panic... "What's wrong? I read your blog."

Nothing's wrong. I'm just grumpy.

I'm fighting it, or at least trying to. So in my effort to fight the grumpies, I've worked extra hard to be extra nice to people. Thus far, it has consistently backfired. My attempts to add humor to my friends' lives? Completely taken the wrong way. I actually spent this morning emailing back and forth with the same person apologizing, then re-apologizing for apologizing, etc.

So I give up!

I'm not going to try to be nice to anyone. I'm not going to apologize to anyone else. I'm not going to pretend I'm not in a bad mood. And I'm not even going to try to figure out why.

I am what I am. Today, I am grumpy. Maybe tomorrow, I will be happy again. But today, we're just going to accept me and say, "I love you anyway."

7 comments:

Camy Tang said...

I love you anyway. :)
Camy

Kay Day said...

Aww. I gave you permission to be mean to me, and you were still nice. You didn't even have to be.
And I was annoying as heck, too. :)

Sometimes, we are what we are. You just hang on, try not to do any permanent damage, and wait it out.

Momstheword said...

I hate feeling grumpy. I am really grumpy when I eat too much sugar. I used to be really grumpy and felt like one more thing would push me over the edge. Then someone told me to try B-Complex and it works for me. I guess the Bs nourish the nervous system. Not everyone benefits from it tho.

Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

Thank goodness not every day is the same, nor every minute either...you could feel fantastic any second now and then all the crankiness will fade away and be forgotten. :)

Danica Favorite said...

Thanks guys!

Robbie Iobst said...

Eyeore (did I spell that right?) had many friends. So did Tigger. Just be you, Danica. I think you are swell, whether you are having an Eyore day or a Tigger day. On a side note: my hubby was having the grumpies the other day and I was wearing a t-shirt with Eyeore on it. I asked him if he wanted to wear my shirt since it seemed to fit his mood. He paused and then said in his best Eyeore voice, "It's too bright." :0)

Cheryl Wyatt said...

I love you bunches honey bunch. Grouchy or not.

Hugs,

Cheryl aka Squirly