Dropdown menu

Friday, July 24, 2009

Whoa!!!

I thought I'd give an update on what's going on with my life and all that. It's been crazy.

Back in June, I hurt my hand. I ended up with tendonitis in my thumb from... wait for it... walking my dog. I've been in braces with my hand mostly immobilized off and on since then. To say that I've been in pain has been an understatement. Plus, I've lost most of the function in my dominant hand. Not fun. But the reality is I have a job to do, I'm good at it, I like it, and hey, it pays the bills. So I've been focused on that and it's been all I can do to get that done. Which means no real updates about my life until now.

Since I've been talking about it, the hand. I'm still in braces off and on depending on pain and activity level. It's going to be a couple of months before I'm back to 100%. But I have most of my mobility back. I can actually work without pain. I still can't do some things. For me, it's been a humbling experience that's required me to ask for help on a lot of things I'd rather not. I'm learning to accept my limitations. Well, okay, you know me. To an extent. ;)

During that time, Camy and Cheryl came for a visit, and it was wonderful. Love them! Then, I went to RWA. I'll post on that in a couple of days or so. :)

Now I'm back, and I'm hoping my life will slow down at least slightly. Or not. Maybe I'll finally stop kidding myself and realize that there will never be a pause button and I'll figure out how to make it all work.

4 comments:

Camy Tang said...

I'm glad your hand is doing better and that it didn't get injured during RWA!
Camy

Denise Miller Holmes said...

Your hand trauma is a big deal. So glad you are getting better and there is an end in sight. Whatever lessons you've learned during this time of restriction, you can always put in a book. It is your way. :)

smithsk said...

A mystery is solved. When you tweeted about your hurting, now I know what happened. Take care and I'm glad it's healing.
Susan

Danica Favorite said...

thanks guys!