Dropdown menu

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hey Look, it's a....

Darn, couldn't think of anything clever to take your attention away from the fact that I am getting worse at the regular blogging thing.

It's been a rough week. I keep saying that, and yet, I can't come up with any answers as to why. I just feel pounded on all sides by all things. I'm tired. I did, however, take a totally rad (tee hee, I said rad... where's carmel to tee hee at my carmelisms?) picture of the terrorist. Unfortunately, said child absconded with the camera and now all I have is the blog version of a shaggy dog joke. Guess you had to have been there. :)

Other than that, my life is boring. I have no words of wisdom for anyone (except maybe don't leave camera where children can find it). I have no sad but true stories of things that have happened to me lately. No funny stories. Nothing remotely, slightly, or majorly embarrassing. I am becoming, I fear, ordinary.

In three weeks, I'll be going on a silent retreat. Maybe somewhere in the silence of the mountains, I can find my sanity. Or not. Maybe I wasn't sane before and am now. Ugh. Isn't that just the most depressing thing I've ever said?

So tonight, as I prepare to lay my weary head on the pillow, I beg of you... share something good. Please!

4 comments:

Robbie Iobst said...

Danica, it is tax season! Give yourself a heaping tablespoon of grace and mix it well in your coffee today! YOU ARE ENOUGH! Why? 'Cause Jesus thinks you are swell! A silent retreat? What an exciting thing to look forward to. Just time with you and God. LUCKY -(I said that like Napolean Dynamite)

Jan Parrish said...

I get the whole retreat thing but not the silent part of it. :) It sound great to just get alone with God.

Sometimes boring can be good too - that means nothing catastrophic is happening.

Kate Walker said...

It's February 26th here now. That means that in exactly 5 months I'll be getting on a plane and flying to San Francisco - and we'll be able to meet again. That sounds good to me.

So does a silent retreat - we all need some time out to be still and think. I hope it's wonderful for you

love

Kate

Danica Favorite said...

Thanks Robbie! I appreciate the smile you brought to my face.

Jan, how true. After I typed this post, I ended up laid out with some sort of stomach bug. Ugh. Not sure I can handle the silent part, but hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

Kate, I miss you too and can't wait!!