Dropdown menu

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #48: Anniversary Edition


Thirteen Things about Our anniversary


Today, That Man and I celebrated nine years of wedded insanity. :) Here's a special tribute, looking back on our relationship.

1. I refused to give him my phone number for a very long time. I thought he was a cheeseball trying to hit on me and I had sworn off men.
2. When we finally did start talking outside of church, he very quickly became my best friend.
3. We evolved into dating in a very strange way... basically, it was the only time he's ever really put his foot down with me. As in, that's it. We're dating.
4. I spent the first six months of our dating relationship trying to figure out how to break up with him and still be best friends. Since that didn't work out so well, I decided I had to marry him.
5. He proposed by giving me a beanie baby rhino with my ring around its horn.
6. He waited until the very last minute of "The Deadline" to propose.
7. We were married on a golf course because it was the only outdoor venue that hadn't been booked yet and I was determined to get married outside.
8. We went on a road trip for our honeymoon... took all the back roads, stopped at all the historical markers and points of interest. Very fun.
9. The most memorable anniversary gift he gave me was a spa weekend at a hot springs resort... by myself. I love him for that.
10. He is the first person in my life to have shown me unconditional love, the only person who knows everything about me, and he still thinks I am the most wonderful woman in the world.
11. He also thinks I am the most beautiful, sexiest woman in the world. Not bad after all these years!
12. He is my biggest cheerleader and does everything he can to help me achieve my dreams.
13. After all these years, and everything we've been through (which trust me, is a LOT), I'd do it all again.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



7 comments:

Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

So sweet. How funny. I married by best friend, too. Just about the same way: friends first. Interesting parallels. He wouldn't leave me alone, I wanted to dump him, instead I married him. Aug will be 18 yrs.

I liked your list. My T13 is also up, stop by if you get a chance.

Kay Day said...

Happy Anniversary. I don't think I said so yesterday.
Did he like the gift?

Unknown said...

Great list and a great way to honor your anniversary. Happy TT!

Camy Tang said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
Camy

Phoebe Jordan said...

Happy T13 and Happy Anniversary. This is the most sweetest list I've read so far. Hope to see you at my 4th edition about Kerrelyn Sparks at Talk About My Favorite Authors blog.

Jan Parrish said...

What a wonderful tribute. Happy Anniversary!

Clara said...

Sounds like your man is as wonderful as mine! Happy Anniversary!
Come see my first T13