Dropdown menu

Friday, September 25, 2009

About time for an update, eh?

I haven't posted anything personal in a while, and I'm sorry. Life is semi kicking me in the butt right now, but the good news is that it's all semi good stuff.

A few weeks ago, I finally got tired of how bad my allergies were getting. For a good part of the summer, I had days where I was barely functioning. Worse, at least in my opinion, they seemed to be the worst at night, so I ended up barely sleeping unless I took sleeping pills. And of course, said pills made me groggy during the day. All this to say, I was miserable.

One of my friends went to see an acupuncturist who did an amazing job helping her allergies, and another said she'd had good results with acupuncture as well. I believe in acupuncture, but I've always had a hard time with it because the people I know who do it are so immersed in oriental religion that they end up trying to push that mumbo jumbo on me and it makes me uncomfortable. However, this person is a Christian, and she started her practice for people like me. :)

I went to see her, and I can't tell you what a miracle it's been for me. Am I cured? Nope. But she did explain what was going on in my body and that a lot of the symptoms I've had in general over the years are all related to my allergies and another issue. I have adrenal burnout. You know how you all comment on my superwoman skills? Well, it came at a price. And even though I cut down on a lot of my commitments, my body never got a chance to heal and catch up.

So we're playing the healing and catch up game now. I'm taking a lot of supplements, going in for treatments, and as soon as it gets in, I'll be doing a massive colon cleanse. Ick. I'm also not thrilled with the dietary changes I've had to make, but she assures me it's temporary. Just until we undo the years of abuse and get my system back to normal.

Smack dab in the middle of all this health stuff, there was this conference. Some of you may have heard of it. I went to the ACFW conference, and it was amazing. Probably the best ever. Mostly because while I'd been working on healing my body, God spent a lot of time healing my heart. I had some really amazing things happen- most of which I can't explain, some I'll share later, and the rest... I'm still in awe of. God is pretty awesome, and I can't even begin to express my gratitude that He'd reach out and touch me in such beautiful ways.

Are you dizzy yet? Because I sure I am. Or maybe that's my body rebelling against this new diet thing I have to do. No gluten, no sugar, no bad for you stuff that tastes so good, no fats, and only certain meats.

So that's my life for right now. I'm still really tired, but feeling better every day. My children, especially the youngest one, are giving me a run for my money right now, but that's an entirely new blog post. Until then, treasure every second of sleep you can get, and be thankful there is a God in Heaven who adores you. Because He does.

3 comments:

Denise Miller Holmes said...

Wow. You have been going through it. I am so glad you are getting the help you need and that there will be an end to the health issues. Sleep well, dear, and heal.

smithsk said...

I'm glad you are getting a handle on some things and prioritizing. Most of all - God is with you.

Take care of yourself.

Susan

Robbie Iobst said...

Danica, what a lovely and difficult season for you. Thank you for encouraging others, even as you are as Denise said, "going through it."