Dropdown menu

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Book binges

I started a crazy book binge earlier this fall- I read Walking on Water by Madeleine L'Engle and loved it. So, since then, I've been reading just about everything she's written that I can get my hands on. I'm having a great time. But neglecting everything else I should be reading. The TBR pile is out of control.

And then, for some reason, I started thinking about all the classics. So, I'm on a Madeleine L'Engle/classics binge. I decided to start with Thoreau. And again, I'm having a great time.

That said, I'm thinking about moving to the woods. I mean, hubby and I already have this great plan to get a place in the mountains, so it's not too far off. But I'm talking getting crazier... really moving out in nature and shunning the world. It would be awesome. Except for the part about being stuck in a cabin in the middle of nowhere with my husband and children. We've had snow days two days in a row due to extreme cold, and if I don't get out of my house, more to the point, get them out of my house, soon, I'm going to kill someone. Which I think goes against the whole nonviolence thing Thoreau teaches. I don't know. I haven't gotten to that book yet.

Do you ever go on book binges? And do they ever tempt you to do something a little crazy with your life?

No comments: