Dropdown menu

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Knitting update

I realized after my last post that it had been such a long time since I've posted about my knitting. Mostly because I've been a knitting slacker ever since I gave up (temporarily because I will not let those suckers have the best of me) on my heinous sock project that not even the Knitting Sensei and Knitting Yoda could help me do right. It was all me, not them. *sigh* I have done nothing but scarves since then, and on Saturday, I finished both of them.

Which meant, for watching the Super Bowl, I needed a new project. My BFF just celebrated a birthday, and I've been uninspired as to the right gift for her, so I thought, she loves tea as much as I do, I'm going to make her a tea cozy. I looked at a lot of patterns online, and I finally debated between two... The first one, honestly, I still am drooling over and maybe someday I'll attempt it. But that whole picot hem thing scares me. I don't even know what it is, and when I Googled how-to videos, I decided to leave it to the pros.

So I chose option #2, and I almost instantly regretted it, but I carried on. I had no choice. I was at a Super Bowl party. Problem #1 is that I misread the pattern and only saw the part about doing it on circular needles. Um... just so we're clear. The beginning of that pattern on circular needles is enough to make a grown woman cry (which I did, tyvm). I should've gone with dpns. I might have maybe made up a few new swear words.

The good news is that I am on the road to figuring it out. Well, until I get to the next part I don't understand. I think I've got about ten rows of knitting before that happens, so we're all good. Fortunately, I caught up on my Knitting Yoda's blog and this post reminded me that no matter how smart we think we are at knitting, we all still have a long way to go.

There's probably a nice life lesson in that part, but frankly, I don't want to hear the part about cussing being bad for you because well, it's really satisfying when the knitting project isn't going my way.

No comments: