Dropdown menu

Thursday, May 03, 2012

Fine! I'll talk about my writing!

Where my books are set

I guess since I'm a writer I should talk about my writing. Right now, there isn't anything exciting to talk about. Instead, I'm trying to tell you about the more exciting things in my life. Because seriously, my struggles with paint drying are a lot more exciting than my writing.  My agent has my latest book. He likes it. He'll be submitting it. Maybe he already has. I'm trying not to stalk him and ask for updates every ten seconds.

So I'm working on the next book and pretending that I'm not thinking about the book that somebody might be reading. Right now. Or now. Or maybe it'll be read sometime in the next ten minutes. You never know. And thinking about it only makes me crazy, so I keep busy to avoid thinking about it. Because that makes me think about what I'm currently writing, and I'm still in the "my writing is crap" stage, so let's not think about any of it. Let's pretend everything is good and  pretty and happy, and there will be rainbows and flowers and butterflies.

While I wait, I'll be working on my house, maybe doing something with my garden, possibly getting a few chickens, turning my children into minions, irritating my husband, and, if we can ever get past soccer season, I might even head back to Leadville to do some more research.

Because I really am working on my writing. Really.

5 comments:

Shirlee McCoy said...

Ah yes. Working on writing. My agent just queried my middle grades book. I am trying really hard not to think about the six publishing houses that already requested it or the editors who may be reading it as I type this.

Scary stuff.

So...where was the photo taken?

Danica Favorite said...

We can not think about it together. It never gets easier, does it?

The photo was taken in Leadville, CO

Sherri Shackelford said...

Danica, I feel your pain! I don't have anything out right now. I'm taking a 'rejection' holiday!

Valerie Comer said...

I have more proposals circling the planet than I care to think about, quite frankly. One moment I'm thinking I should create a new one--a better one!! One they cannot resist!!--and then I think, what if someone wants them all?

Yeah. Like that's gonna happen.

Camy Tang said...

Wow, that's Leadville? That's such a great picture!