Dropdown menu

Friday, January 04, 2013

On being a mess

My most recent messI fell off the face of the blogosphere for a while. In November, I got really sick with a virus that I swear was going to do me in, and when I finally got better, I had a major work project that I lived and breathed for a couple of weeks. And then there was the holidays, and I'll just be honest- I took a well-deserved break. And I sorted through a bunch of junk in my house and got rid of it. There's nothing like a virus running rampant through your house, the holidays, and a new year to make you clean up your act.

So here I am.

I'm taking a class on blogging that has me thinking about the direction of my blog, and you know what I came up with?? Uh, nothing.  I wrote something for the class that sums it up nicely:
Ultimately, I want people to know that I am a mess. And it's okay. 
Because you know what? They are a mess too. And that's okay too. But
let's just be honest about it and call it what it is, and do what we can
to move in a positive direction. Moving forward and changing and growing
is scary. It's hard work. My hope is that by sharing my journey, other
people will want to join me, and we can learn from each other and travel
together. And if that sells books, that's great. And if it doesn't,
that's great too (well, sort of. I really do want to sell some books). I
don't have all the answers, but hopefully I have some, and if I come
together with others, then maybe together, we can figure it out. Or at
least get somewhere better than where we were.

So that's where I'm at. That's what I'm blogging about. I'm a mess. And if you're willing to accept that you're a mess too, then let's hang out.



No comments: