Dropdown menu

Monday, October 20, 2008

Things that make you go aw!!

Tonight, when I got home from teaching my class, my little one handed me a scribble paper and said, "Mom, I made this for you. Listen to what I wrote."

Here it is. The sweetest thing...

Mom, I love you like America.
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic, for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Okay, so I realize she's only four and probably doesn't fully understand what that means... but it was still the cutest thing in the world to hear my little girl, saying with absolute sincerity, that she loved me like America, and stood there, reciting the pledge as though it was the most solemn vow because it somehow expressed how much she loves me.

Love that girl!

5 comments:

kalea_kane said...

I think that is absolutely the sweetest thing! She may not understand each word, but you can tell she understands her love. Big AWWWWWW. :)

M. C. Pearson said...

I love innocent loving hearts. How totally wonderful!

Gina Conroy said...

Can I vote for HER for president???

Danica Favorite said...

Yep, my girl's amazing.

siteseer said...

awww she is precious.