Dropdown menu

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Stress Much?

It is the last week of tax season. Which means my schedule is crammed full, I'm operating on much less sleep, and I can barely put together a coherent thought together unless it involves explaining tax-ese.

So I am tired. Stressed. Thankful that my time working is almost over. Sad that I'll soon be leaving some great co-workers.

Which means if I'm scarce, it's just what I gotta do for the next week until it's over.

A friend once asked me how I deal with all this stress. My tendency is to hibernate, though that's not exactly possible with everything I have to do. So mostly, I just push through it, do what has to be done, and get through, one foot in front of the other. The to-do list doesn't always get finished, but it's always waiting for me the next day.

How about you? What do you do when you know you're in the middle of a very stressful time?

5 comments:

Stephanie Newton said...

I eat chocolate. And Twizzlers. And drink coffee. A lot of coffee. Now that I think about it, this is probably a case of you should do what I say, not what I do...I hear exercise is good when you're stressed. :)

Steph

smithsk said...

I learned a lot about handling stress from our cat (who passed on to the Rainbow Bridge after 19 years). We ask WWKD? - what would kitty do? It usual involves eating or taking a nap. Very good advice from a wise old cat.

Diane Marie Shaw said...

Yikes, I eat when I am stressed. Sugar, sugar, sugar.
Since I am no longer working 10 hours a day my stress level has dropped drastically and so have my eating binges which means I am losing some weight.

Jan Parrish said...

Praying for you. As for what I do? I eat chocolate and drink coffee. Try it in moderation or you will be stressed about gaining weight.

Danica Favorite said...

LOL guys! Eating seems to be a common stress reliever. ;)

I like WWKD. A nap sounds good about now.