Dropdown menu

Thursday, May 21, 2009

My new grand master plan

I've decided to start a Christian nudist colony.

Now, I realize the whole, a bunch of people going around naked together thing might be problematic in the lust department, so I have a plan for that. We'll all wear veils. No clothes. Just veils.

Yes, my friends, I am catching up on laundry. I never really got caught up at the end of tax season, and then I went out of town last week, so now this week, I'm paying for it. I finally buckled down and made the kids clean their rooms. Good idea, except tell me, dear friends, what is the most common item messing up kids rooms?

Yep. Laundry.

And then, because with graduation this week, we have folks coming in to town, thus needing our spare bedroom, aka hubby's closet, I made him clean that room, too. Now, I don't know how long it's been since he cleaned his clothes, but I do know that out of everything I've folded tonight, hubby's pile is the biggest.

So I've decided. Life would be easier if none of us wore clothes. Of course, if we did that in the course of our normal lives, it might get a little awkward. I can't exactly walk to Safeway in my birthday suit. But if I lived in a nudist colony, everyone would be naked. So no one would care that we didn't have any clothes.

Think of what we'd save in these tough financial times: laundry detergent, fabric softener, water, electricity, the cost of the clothes themselves...

I'm telling you. This idea's a winner.

9 comments:

Camy Tang said...

LOL It'll be better when they're old enough to not only wash their own clothes, but yours as well (in exchange for their allowance, of course).
Camy

Karen O'Keeffe said...

Fashion, smashion...we should each just have three sets of clothes, one for the laundry, one for our bodies, one in the closet - just like bed linens.

Robbie Iobst said...

Danica! :0) I saw your tease on Twitter and clicked on EXCITEDLY to see how your master plan in WRITING could help me, motivate me, guide me. So much for that. :0)
As to a Christian Nudist Colony - would that book sell in the CBA or the ABA? Hmmmmm. :0) I have to do laundry today - it's Friday. I hate laundry day.

Shirlee McCoy said...

Personally, I'm all for the idea. Less clothes, less laundry. It makes perfect sense.

Might be a little cold in the winter...but what's a little frostbite in the grand scheme of things??

Of course, who knows what horror I might find at the bottom of the laundry basket (should I ever get to the bottom of the pile). Could be a body buried under the towering pile of clothes.

Jana said...

Reason #27 why it pays to be single...Less laundry! LOL

'Cause trust me, nobody would want to see all THIS, Christian or not. hehehehe

Kay Day said...

Really cheap, biodegradable, disposable clothes.
Wear them, toss them on the compost heap. There we go.

Megan DiMaria said...

Too bad paper clothes never came in vogue. You could just toss them in the garbage.

In the 60s (when I was a young girl),I knew a girl who bought a paper dress. Yes, they were
available, they just never caught on.

Justifiably so.

Denise Miller Holmes said...

We need to go back to fig leaves. When they're worn out, throw them away. No really, some old ideas can become new again. :D

Funny post, Danica. I laughed out loud at the first line, and I laughed so loudly, it scared my husband.
www.redhotread.com

Danica Favorite said...

See, we're all so brilliant!