Dropdown menu

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

P is for Princess

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA I've been planning this post for a long time- every since my C is for Cowgirl post. Because you see, my other little one at home is a Princess. I never imagined I'd be raising a Princess. I'm not really the princess type, but I made a choice a long time ago that I would embrace whatever little people came my way. I grew up in a family that didn't embrace my personality or the things that were important to me. So... who did I end up with? A Cowgirl and A Princess. Two completely opposite personalities, and worse, two personalities I don't relate to.

The hardest for me, though, is the Princess. Everything is pink. She is bubbly and pretty and needs everything to be pretty. She's almost 9, and she already spends hours doing her hair. Today's hairdo also involved twisting fake flowers in her braid.

Fortunately, my princess is also a tomboy. She likes to climb trees, and be as active as possible. She usually does it while looking like a princess. Well, sort of. All of her pants have holes in the knees. And I think that's what makes my little Princess so delightful. When you peel back the layers, you always find something unexpected.

One of the most unexpected results of having a princess is that I really do enjoy her. I can't imagine having her any other way.

4 comments:

Becky Daye said...

Oh, I LOVE this reminder to embrace their personalities!!! I have a little fashionista on my hands- thankful that she also likes soccer and Legos, writing and illustrating! :)

God and my everyday life said...

Love it! Our kids are all so different.

DanicaFavorite said...

Aw, Becky, how cute!! Fashionista is another part of my princess's personality too. I remind myself that we'll appreciate her later as she gives us all fashion advice. And she plays soccer. :)

DanicaFavorite said...

Mary, it's neat, isn't it?