Dropdown menu

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

December Thanksgiving Art Journal Day 16

2014-12-17 21.38.28Advance warning: if you think I used the same colors in Day 16 and Day 17, you are correct. I worked on my art journal at my daughter's holiday band concert. Um, not the concert itself. During the really boring part before the concert starts because you have to get your kid there super early. I think that's what I love about this challenge- it's so easy and portable. Right now, it seems like I am always on the go, and it doesn't promise to stop anytime soon. Boo! But that's what I'm really loving about having my art journal.

During the  stressful moments, my art journal helps me relax and unwind.


See those swirly swishes? They made me happy, as I drew them, making little swishy noises. Not that you have to make the noises, but for me, they felt good, and it was a nice way to unwind after spending the afternoon running from one place to the other.

I also loved that today's challenge was about something we take for granted all the time- air. I had no idea when I planned this challenge how the different items would so nicely coincide with the needs I had that day. It felt like I hardly had time to breathe yesterday, and slowing down to be thankful for air made me realize that despite my lack of thanksgiving, air is still always there for me. With everything on my plate, I don't have to take time to think about breathing, or air, and that makes me feel really good.

Today's art journal challenge is air.


Here's what I wrote in my art journal:
"I'm so thankful for air- it's all around us and affects us in so many ways, yet we never think about it. I'm so thankful that we don't have to think about it. It is always there for us, supporting us. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

How can you be thankful for air?


I'd love for you to share your art journal masterpieces. You can either post them on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram with the hashtag #DecemberThanksgiving, or feel free to email me if you want to keep it private.

And, if you'd like to receive a PDF with all the challenges for this month, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter!

You can sign up here:



Subscribe to my mailing list to join in the December Thanksgiving Challenge!


* indicates required







Email Format












No comments: