Dropdown menu

Sunday, December 07, 2014

December Thanksgiving Art Journal Challenge Day Seven

2014-12-07 22.14.20I think what I love the most about being thankful is that it makes it easier to take your mind off of the ups and downs of the world. Today was full of a lot of highs and lows for me. Truth be told, I'm still recovering from the lows. But the one thing that always seems to get me out of the lows is a good cup of tea. I know, I'm supposed to give some good spiritual answer here, but tea's really it for me. Maybe God gave me a symbiotic relationship with tea or something.

So today, as I sat and did my thanksgiving art journal, I couldn't help but think of tea and its relationship to today's topic:

A piece of technology.


I already shared my laptop, and that's the most obvious piece of technology. But as I thought about all the technological marvels that I am thankful for, I kept going back to the little boiler sitting on my baker's rack, keeping my water warm so I can have tea whenever I want. A simple thing, I'll grant you, but sometimes having a ready cup of tea is just what I need.

Here's my art journal entry for today:
"I'm thankful for my hot water boiler. It makes me so happy to always have hot water when I need it for tea. No matter what it's like outside, or how I feel inside, tea is the perfect drink. I love how easy it is. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

Simple and sweet. Like a cup of tea. Well, my tea isn't sweet. I don't add sweetener to mine. But you get the point.

What piece of technology are you thankful for today?


 

I'd love for you to share your art journal masterpieces. You can either post them on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram with the hashtag #DecemberThanksgiving, or feel free to email me if you want to keep it private.

And, if you'd like to receive a PDF with all the challenges for this month, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter!

You can sign up here:



Subscribe to my mailing list to join in the December Thanksgiving Challenge!


* indicates required







Email Format












No comments: