Dropdown menu

Thursday, December 11, 2014

December Thanksgiving Art Journal Challenge Day 10

2014-12-10 23.59.06Wow, slipping this one in under the wire at 11:59 p.m. :) I have mentioned it's a crazy week work-wise for me, right? Tonight I actually had a little fun.  I went to my knitting group and got to spend time with some lovely women who encourage me so much. I just love them. If I didn't have a topic already planned out, I'd tell you how thankful I am for them. But I guess I just did. :)

Even though they were not the topic of today's blog, they definitely would fit.

Today's art journal topic is someone who's done something nice for you this week.


I've had a few people do this for me this week, so I'm bunching them all together. I've had a number of friends and family get extra copies of my book to give as gifts. And, of course, they arranged with me to have them signed. I am so thankful for all the people supporting me and my book. It really means a lot to have so many people buying my book. And reading it. And... liking it!! Even better that they like it enough to want to share. I'm so thankful. So if you haven't bought my book, or if you enjoyed my book, go out and get it! Books make great gifts!

Yeah, that was a little shameless self-promo there, but I figure if I don't ask, that's one more chance slipping away.

Besides, all of this book stuff is such a dream come true for me. Every piece of it is the fulfillment of so much that I've worked for and dreamed of, and I am so honored that my book is being enjoyed by so many people.

I'm sure I have a lot more to say, but to be honest, I'm tired and I have an early morning meeting tomorrow. I probably shouldn't have stayed out so late, but it was so good to hang out with friends I don't get to see as often as I'd like.

My art journal entry:
"Someone who's done something nice for me this week- I am so thankful for the people who reached out to me to get my autograph for my book, buying it for their friends as gifts and spreading the love. I'm so thankful for everyone buying my book. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

Who has done something nice for you this week?


I'd love for you to share your art journal masterpieces. You can either post them on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram with the hashtag #DecemberThanksgiving, or feel free to email me if you want to keep it private.

And, if you'd like to receive a PDF with all the challenges for this month, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter!

You can sign up here:



Subscribe to my mailing list to join in the December Thanksgiving Challenge!


* indicates required







Email Format












No comments: