Dropdown menu

Friday, December 05, 2014

December Thanksgiving Art Journal Challenge Day Five!

2014-12-05 16.30.30I know, another day posting late in the afternoon! This is why you should subscribe to my newsletter and get my PDF so you can do yours anytime! It's been a busy week for me at work, and I forgot to do this last night before bed. :) Which is why this art journal challenge being so easy is so great for me. I have NO TIME right now, and it's so grounding to be able to sit and think about the things I'm thankful for.

Today's art journal topic is something you ate today!

And trust me, I am SO thankful for this one. I was working so hard today that I forgot to eat lunch. Enter hunger pangs and lightheadedness, and we have my favorite thing coming to save the day. Peanut butter!! I'm constantly mentioning how thankful I am for peanut butter, and today, when my blood sugar went way down, I was so happy for that wonderful invention. I didn't mention this in my gratitude journal, but boy am I thankful not to be allergic to peanut butter! Sometimes I feel bad eating it and then going out in public. I hope I don't accidentally get peanut butter germs on anyone. But I wash my hands first, I promise!

All this talk of peanut butter reminds me of how many things I have to be thankful for. For a lot of people, peanut butter is all they have to eat. It's good to remember that I get to have peanut butter, along with a lot of other tasty things. This might sound weird, but peanut butter reminds me of how truly lucky I am to be born in this time and place and that I can't take anything for granted.

None of this went into my art journal, which was a much simpler post:
"I am super grateful for peanut butter. I literally eat it every day. It's quick, filling, and no matter what I am doing, it always comes in handy. I hope I can always eat peanut butter! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

 

2 comments:

JoyceB said...

I LOVE peanut butter, but sadly, it hates me with a passion. It's not as bad as it could be, in that every once in a while I can eat a peanut or two, but that's really about all I can have. So, I eat cashews and make my own cashew butter, which I also love.

So far I'm thoroughly enjoying doing these daily journalings. There is, of course, no guarantee that I manage to make it for the whole 30 days. 31? Um. I don't remember. I'm not able to post photos of what I'm done, but I'm right here with you, and very pleased that I found your blog, and that you started this.

Have a great weekend, hear?
Joyce

DanicaFavorite said...

So glad you're enjoying this Joyce!! I'm not sure what I'd do without peanut butter, but I'm glad you found an alternative. You have a great weekend too!