Dropdown menu

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

December Thanksgiving Art Journal Challenge Day 29

December Thanksgiving art journal challenge day 29This is the point at which I admit to not knowing the day of the week or date when my kids are not in school. If they're not around to remind of the passing of the days, I get lost in my own little world and forget. I guess that's not really a bad thing, unless, of course, you're committed to doing things on a certain day- like posting your art journal. Usually I'm not a fan of having my kids on break because they are always SO BORED. Well, not they. Just Princess.

But this break, she's been doing all kinds of projects, and because her sister has been sick, she and I have had a lot of one on one time together. She likes doing art journal projects with me, and we're always finding fun things to do together. Or, I'll sit and work, and she'll find a project to do. My supply area is a mess largely because she's always getting in there and playing. Part of me hates the disorder, but part of me loves being able to create with my daughter.

One of the things I really love about this art journal challenge is that I CAN do it with my kids.


If you haven't watched my introductory video to this art journal challenge, I encourage you to do so! You'll see Princess helping me out.

[embed]https://vimeo.com/113168872[/embed]


Today's  art journal topic is: A Family Member


I'm sure you won't be surprised to know that I wrote about Princess. I printed out a picture and glued it in, nothing fancy, but it still holds a special place in my heart.

Here is my entry:
"I am so thankful for my sweet little princess. We've had precious time this past month, and I have really been focused on enjoying her. She has such a good heart, and it warms mine to be her mommy. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

Your turn: Share about a family member you're thankful for!


I'd love for you to share your art journal masterpieces. You can either post them on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram with the hashtag #DecemberThanksgiving, or feel free to email me if you want to keep it private.

And, if you'd like to receive a PDF with all the art journal challenges for this month, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter!

You can sign up here:



Subscribe to my mailing list to join in the December Thanksgiving Challenge!


* indicates required







Email Format














 

 

 

No comments: