Dropdown menu

Tuesday, December 02, 2014

December Thanksgiving Art Journal Challenge Day Two!

2014-12-01 20.07.31Ah, Day Two of our December Thanksgiving Art Journal Challenge!! I'm hoping that Day One was super easy for you, and didn't take a lot of time. Be sure to let me know how things are going. :) This is really meant to be a quick way to find things to be thankful for that you wouldn't ordinarily be aware of and to stretch your artistic muscles in your art journal!

But I'm not an artist!!


I hear people say that all the time, and you know what? That's a lie! You ARE an artist! We create things all the time, but maybe we don't call it art. Do you decorate your house for Christmas? Do you adapt recipes for your family to eat? Those all require a certain level of artistic talent, so don't be so hard on yourself. It's all about creativity and being creative.

In case you need proof of the lack of necessity of having talent to have an art journal, all you have to do is look at my page for today. I'm pretty sure no one is going to hire me as a sketch artist anytime soon! And that's okay!

Now on to today's art journal challenge!


Day Two is something you use every day. In my case, it was a no brainer- my laptop. I am so grateful and so blessed to have this wonderful tool in my life. Here's what I wrote in my art journal:
"I am thankful for my laptop. It enables me to work every day, no matter my location. I am free to travel whenever, wherever, and it's such a blessing to have that freedom. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!"

You'll notice that it's kind of hurried and I didn't use a lot of colors. Um, that's because I had a busy day. Like I said, this isn't supposed to take a lot of time. Some days my entries will be really pretty, and other days, not so much. And that's okay!

So what do you use every day that you're thankful for?


 

I'd love for you to share your art journal masterpieces. You can either post them on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram with the hashtag #DecemberThanksgiving, or feel free to email me if you want to keep it private.

And, if you'd like to receive a PDF with all the challenges for this month, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter!

You can sign up here:



Subscribe to my mailing list to join in the December Thanksgiving Challenge!


* indicates required







Email Format












No comments: