Dropdown menu

Sunday, December 28, 2014

December Thanksgiving Art Journal Challenge Day 28

December Thanksgiving art journal challenge day 28And here we are, Day 28, actually on Day 28. Wahoo!! I'm caught up! I've signed up for tons of art journal challenges and classes over the years, and I seem to struggle getting through it and making it to the end. So to be on day 28 ON day 28 is something of a Christmas miracle for me! That, and I think the accountability of having publicly said that I'll do it is a big help!

Today I moved away from the idea of having Christmas theme, because I know some people are already sick of Christmas. Me, I've had such a great Christmas season that I don't mind it so much. I kind of like going up to bed at night and seeing my Christmas tree lit up. It keeps me from tripping over stuff. ;)

The other reason I think I'm not sick of Christmas stuff is how deliberate I've been about being thankful this season, rather than being focused on the other junk. You know, like the fact that all you want is a gallon of milk and you have to circle the parking lot twenty times to find a spot.

I've done a lot of things differently this season, but having my art journal has really helped.


Every evening, before bed, I do a number of little things to bring my center back to what's important to me, what really matters. Spending time with my art journal is part of it. I know that some people do it first thing in the morning, but I still can't get into the habit of waking up early.  Plus, it's easier during a busy time for me to stay up late, especially when it's in a life-giving activity like working in my art journal.

Yeah, so this is the part where I admit to having written and re-written the rest of this entry, so I'll just cut to the chase. No neat and tidy lead-ins, just the bare truth. Today's entry is a little raw, mostly because it forced me to look at the fact that this is probably my dog's last Christmas with us. I didn't want to be depressing, but there it is. He's fifteen, diabetic, has mobility issues, and can't control his potty behaviors.

Today's art journal topic is: An animal.


Here is my entry:
"I am thankful for my dog. He's really old and I know our time with him is really short. I have to remember how thankful I am for him and his "presents" remind me of him of his presence- he is still here. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

Your turn: Share about an animal you are thankful for.


I'd love for you to share your art journal masterpieces. You can either post them on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram with the hashtag #DecemberThanksgiving, or feel free to email me if you want to keep it private.

And, if you'd like to receive a PDF with all the art journal challenges for this month, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter!

You can sign up here:



Subscribe to my mailing list to join in the December Thanksgiving Challenge!


* indicates required







Email Format














 

 

 

No comments: