Dropdown menu

Thursday, December 11, 2014

December Thanksgiving Art Journal Challenge Day 11

2014-12-11 22.20.15Wow... I can't believe I'm on Day 11. 11 days in a row of blogging might be close to a record for me, and given my busy week, I'm super proud of myself. I'm also slightly delirious from lack of quality sleep. :) But I kind of love it because it's teaching me that I can do so much more than I think!

Today's art journal challenge is how much money you have in your bank account.


This challenge is all about money, and really taking time to be grateful for every penny you have. We do a lot of general thanksgiving, but not a lot of specific thank yous. I say, "thanks for the provision of money" all the time, but not so much for every single penny. Yet those pennies add up. When I made up the challenge, I intended to look at all the money I have everywhere, but when I did my actual journal, I was on the run and not able to look up exactly what was in my bank account. Probably for the best, because I probably shouldn't blog to the penny how much money I have. So instead, I just gave thanks for the exact amount of cash in my wallet at the time- $37.11. For me, it felt really good to be thankful for a number.

Instead of saying, "I'm thankful for my money," to say, "I'm thankful for all thirty seven dollars and eleven cents," feels more solid and more appreciative.


As I was working on my art journal, the song, "Price Tag" by Jessie J. was going through my head, so the border is some of the lyrics from the song, just pieces and not really accurate, but I love her thought of just wanting to make the world dance. I can't really do that with music, since I'm pretty sure more people would pay to get me to NOT sing, but I think with my writing and helping people be comfortable with making art, even bad art, it makes their hearts dance, and that's kind of the same thing, right?

 

My art journal entry reads:
"I am so thankful for all the money I have in the bank. Since I'm not at home, all I have is what's in my wallet, and I'm so grateful for all $37.11 of it. I am thankful for each and every penny in my account, for every one of them provides something for our family. It's not about the money, but about the wonderful things it brings. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"


How much money do you have? Take the time to be grateful for each and every penny.


 

I'd love for you to share your art journal masterpieces. You can either post them on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram with the hashtag #DecemberThanksgiving, or feel free to email me if you want to keep it private.

And, if you'd like to receive a PDF with all the challenges for this month, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter!

You can sign up here:



Subscribe to my mailing list to join in the December Thanksgiving Challenge!


* indicates required







Email Format












No comments: